Vision, Mission, Values, Aim & Objects
Our vision is of a world where God’s love is shown through loving, respectful and flourishing relationships. This is not a vague hope, but a goal we actively pursue by praying, campaigning and enabling. Discover how in Our Focus.
We aim to show our Christian faith by the transformation of communities worldwide. We can do this through supporting strong relationships within the family and promoting reconciliation at all levels.
There are more than four million members of the Mothers’ Union today in 84 countries around the world. Each member subscribes to the same values:
- We are firmly rooted in voluntary ethos centred on mutual respect and collaboration.
- Our governance, leadership and programmes are driven by and undertaken through members within their own communities worldwide.
- We are inclusive and work with people of all faiths and none
Our aim and objects are:
- To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity
- To promote and support married life