DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT (2020)
Please download to view the All Ireland Mothers’ Union Data Protection Policy below.
A useful GDPR at a Glance document produced by Mary Sumner House which gives more information on what and why GDPR matters as well as further details is available to download below.
The website www.connormothersunion.org is owned and operated by Connor Diocesan Mothers’ Union. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Your personal data – what is it? Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who are we? Connor DiocesanMothers’ Union is a data controller (contact details below) and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, how it will be processed by us, and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data? Connor DiocesanMothers’ Union complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping all personal data up to date; storing and, when appropriate, destroying it securely; not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; protecting data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure with appropriate technical measures.
Information we may collect from you: We may collect information from you online in the following ways:
- Through a request for information about our services, related topics, and events.
- Through you contacting us with enquiries, comments, and prayer requests
If you take one of the steps mentioned above, we may collect and process personal information about you such as:
- Your name, email address and other contact information.
- Records of your correspondence with us if you have contacted us.
- Details of your visit to the website.
- Any other information provided to us in your comments.
We may share your details with All-Ireland Mothers’ Union and the Mothers’ Union Headquarters in Mary Sumner House, 24 Tufton Street, London, SW1P 3RB. Your personal data will be treated in the strictest of confidence and it will not be sold or ‘swapped’ with any other organisations.
How long do we keep your personal data? We will only retain your personal data for as long as we specifically need to keep it and while it is still current.
Your rights and your personal data: Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- to request a copy of your personal data held by Connor Diocesan Mothers’ Union.
- to request that Connor Diocesan Mothers’ Union corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- to request your personal data be erased where it is no longer necessary for Connor Diocesan Mothers’ Union to retain such data.
- to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time.
- to request that the data controller provides your data and, where possible, transmits that data directly (electronically) to another data controller (known as the right to data portability). This only applies where processing is based on consent.
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner.
Further processing – If Connor Diocesan Mothers’ Union need to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice, explaining the new use of the data prior to commencement of processing. It will set out the purposes and the processing conditions and where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Contact Details: To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please first contact the Connor Diocesan Mothers’ Union Data Controller by emailing, email@example.com or DataProtection@mothersunion.org. You can contact the Information Commissioner on 028 9027 8757 or 0303 123 1114, firstname.lastname@example.org or The Information Commissioner’s Office – Northern Ireland, 3rd Floor, 14 Cromac Place, Belfast, BT7 2JB.